The next episode of the famous Science Podcast series is available at sciencehki.net, strongly recommended. Superb deep music innit.
science hki #26 – trisector & st. laurent
01 k-dan : heal us all (naibu remix) – hustle audio
02 blu mar ten ft. stray : blind soul – blu mar ten
03 lynx : reverse engineering – detail
04 calibre ft. drs : people never change – signature
05 dbr uk & mc focus : above the slums – blknd
06 cutworks : terminal – kos.mos.music
07 4hero : 9 by 9 (m.i.s.t. dub mix) – talkin’ loud
08 kolab : city streets (k+lab remix) – empathy
09 alix perez : contradictions – shogun audio
10 defence : infinity – midnight sun
11 bop : song about my dog (subwave remix) – med school
12 d bridge : since we’ve been apart – shogun audio
13 bluez & bronco : forget you – frontline records
14 nuage & thrn : don’t exist (anile remix) – translation
15 rebel cause : what lies within – hustle audio dub
16 blu mar ten : blue skies – blu mar ten
17 lynx & kemo ft. alix perez : dangerous – soul:r
18 fanu : i can’t sleep – lightless
I’m proud to present the fresh “Mineral – Promomix 2011″. This drum’n'bass mix includes 20 tunes by myself and remixes & collaboration tracks by featuring artists. Enjoy the mix!
MINERAL – PROMOMIX 2011 [download]
01. Mineral – Other Life (Trisector remix) [dub]
02. Seba – Painted Skies (Mineral remix) [knowledge magazine remix contest]
03. Mineral – Reach For The Stars – Ben Kama remix [forthcoming indajungle]
04. Mineral – Lukumo (Audite & Wintermute remix) [forthcoming trust in music]
05. Resound & Mineral - Below Zero [dub]
06. Esc – Lost And Found (Mineral rmx) [IDJR110]
07. Mineral – Jupiter (Fanu’s smelly kitchen remix) [forthcoming lightless]
08. Mineral - Martial Arts [dub]
09. Mineral – Everytime You Are Near [dub]
10. Mineral – Need Your Love [forthcoming indajungle]
11. Mineral – Lost Signal [dub]
12. Mineral – God’s Symphony [forthcoming indajungle]
13. Mineral – Spider (Naraka rmx) [forthcoming indajungle]
14. Taajuus & Mineral – Four Years Later [dub]
15. Mineral – One Still Remains (Defence remix) [forthcoming indajungle]
16. Mineral – Step [mineral.fi_free_012]
17. Mineral – Rushing Girl [dub]
18. Mineral – Free Drum [dub]
19. Esc – Kongo Tune (Mineral 2010 VIP) [mineral.fi_free_008]
20. Mineral – Twisted Dream [forthcoming lightless]
Check more sounds by Mineral at http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-mineral
science hki #15 – st. laurent & trisector [download and listen]
01 method one : sequential – dub
02 flame : watcher – med school
03 furi anga : the day my unicorn died – shadybrain
04 pieter k : one of them – inperspective
05 polska : google plex – subtle audio
06 commix : underwater scene – soul:r
07 seba : valley of the moomins – good looking
08 naibu : discrete – horizons
09 abstract elements : essence of time – exit
10 kr4y : steed – t3k
11 histibe : pulsar – offkey
12 data & k2 : kyoshojutsu – cylon
13 fistfunk : tetsuo – lightless dub
14 heavy 1 : you’ll be over – he:digital
15 k : trackspill – thermal
16 dak : skunk – lightless digital
17 mineral : jupiter – indajungle
18 naraka : outsider looking in – vampire
19 rockwell : noir (ulterior motive remix) – critical
20 las : dodge – dub
21 commix : city section – exit
22 blu mar ten : believe me (bop remix) – blu mar ten
23 linden : tuva (morphy remix) – nerve
Yeah!! I just finished running 10 km while listening to Trisector’s new Podcast mix for Scribbler’s dnb website. You should most definitely check it out, it’s really really good!
Oh, and if you didn’t know yet, Trisector was earlier featured here at Mineral’s with his collaboration track with inZtance “Something to Give” [download www.mineral.fi_free005]
A new Free Track will be up tomorrow, so check back soon!
Oh yes, another Free Track of The Week is up: “Trisector & InZtance – Something to Give”. This is a really marvellous track that I’ve been listening to a lot lately. Listen & download below:
- Trisector & InZtance – Something to Give [download www.mineral.fi_free005]
Trisector aka Otto Hassinen (Sciencehki) was inspired by music from an early age, and he has been around in the Finnish DnB scene for quite some time. I remember listening to his tracks already around the year 2000 on the Finnish radiostation Radiomafia by DJ Dizzy – I’ve been a big fan for a long time and I’ve been playing his tracks a lot in my DJ sets too. Trisector tracks are some real dancefloor mayhems, I’m telling ya!
Lately Trisector has really succeeded in making his sound known around the world with DJ support from names like Blu Mar Ten, ASC, Muffler, Physics, Resound, London Elektricity, Survival, S.P.Y, Kasra, Loxy, Mutated Forms and Chris SU among others. He has releases under Med School, Botchit, Destructive and Urban Graffiti, to mention a few. So we’re talking about a big junglist/breakbeat head here! Over 1000 Trisector facebook -fans can’t be wrong.
Trisector is also busy running a monthly night called Science in his hometown Helsinki. Last year I was invited to play there too, and I loved the party. Also, there’s plenty of high quality Science podcasts available at the Science page: www.sciencehki.net
inZtance a.k.a. Villem Hion is a drum & bass artist hailing from Estonia. He has recent releases on Med School and Hustle audio, and he has earlier releases on Basswerk Files, Red Dragon Recordings, Nineteen 95 Recordings to mention a few. Also, In December 2007 inZtance won the “Best Drum & Bass Producer in Estonia” award. You should check out more of his tracks at inZtance soundcloud. Awesome tunes man!
Check more of Trisector:
- DJ’ing next weekend: “Spinni Presents: Splendid Bass! @ Tampere 27/11/2010″
- http://www.facebook.com/trisector – Trisector’s Facebook, join in and like now!
- http://www.twitter.com/trisector – Trisector on Twitter
- http://www.medschoolmusic.com/artists/trisector/ – Very interesting interview
- http://www.sciencehki.net – Science site with lots of excellent podcasts + things related to d’n'b!
My track “Lukumo” was recently remixed by two drum’n'bass heads from Germany, Wintermute & Audite. I’m digging the remix very much, as it adds really good dancefloor spices and roughness to the track. Thanks for the remix guys, I appreciate this a lot! Here’s some info about Wintermute & Audite:
Wintermute is a moniker of Florian Förster aka. mal_function, which he uses for all of his bass-driven music productions. He excels in producing eclectic musical pieces, which vary from deep, minimal drum’n’bass tunes to techno and dubstep excursions. Most of his drum’n’bass productions were released under Creative Commons Licence by the german netlabel digitalGEWITTER and the demoscene-related NoSYS Productions. Wintermute’s current productions received dj support by Kano (Sinuous Records, DSCI4/UK), Neonlight (TrustInMusic, Ammunition Rec./GER), Acid_Lab (Basswerk, Syncopathic Rec./GER), to mention a few.
Audite is a popular DJ from Germany having over 80.000 visits at his myspace: ”Boundless Beatz stands for my boundless love to different music styles. I listen to nearly every kind of music but as a dj I prefer to play dnb, breaks and dubstep.”, Audite writes at his site.
Check the clip, ”Mineral – Lukumo (Wintermute & Audite Remix)”:
Next week’s Free Track of The Week…
… is a really good tune, by Trisector from the Science crew. So check back next week!