Hi guys what’s up! Had great time playing at myyränhengitys klubi at Tampere earlier… Really looking forward to the next gigs. Gonna let you know more soon.
This update was done by a new wordpress mobile app so hope it works out neatly.
Yo guys… The new year has started and it’s looking great. I have a few gigs in the near future and some of my tracks have been signed for different labels. Not bad!
The next gig will be Myyränhengitysklubi 9.2.2013. Really looking forward to that. Some old school classics and especially Good Looking -style session. Join if you can!
Dopeness. The next Sciencehki Podcast is up. Recorded by mr. St. Laurent. I’m excited, as he has selected one of my tracks to the mix… Big ups to the science crew again now go have a listen!
Sciencehki Podcast #39 by St. Laurent (sciencehki_podcast_39.m4a)
01 minor rain : rainy times – fokuz ltd
02 eleven8 : across the sky – blu mar ten
03 xtrah : soundclash – critical music
04 sinistarr : drama dub – alphacut records
05 theory : jungle soul – translation recordings
06 b-key : scatter – scientific wax limited
07 makoto : enterprise – good looking records
08 mineral : it could be just a dream – in da jungle recordings
09 triad : tripod – horizons music
10 sunchase : warm space – horizons music
11 mute & mako : always – utopia music
12 war : rafale – dsci4
13 lynx feat. kemo : dive deep in – warm communications
14 solar empire : the black sea (asc remix) – translation recordings
15 dissident : evolution leaps forward – offshore recordings
The next Mineral release will be released by InDaJungle Recordings soon, 16 November to be exact. Check out the preview below, boh boh!
Last September I wrote about moving to New York from Finland. Now as I’m writing this update, the magnificent year is coming to it’s end and we are moving back to Finland with my family this Friday. Spending the year in New York has been without doubt the best year of my life, in many ways.
The year culminated to it’s climax when our little baby girl was born on 18 August 2012. I cannot tell you how proud father I am. This is definitely the biggest thing ever happened to me… We will see what kind of music her generation will listen to, but I will do my very best to bring her into the world of breaks and jungle, that’s for sure!
Anyways, I will most certainly miss the city and New York will always have a place in my heart.
With that being said, I’d like to share once again the music video of my track “The Streets of New York”. I produced this track last fall shortly after moving to Manhattan. Farewell, Big Apple!
If you like, the track is available for free download here.
Hi guys! It’s been a while since my last mix, so here it comes. The next episode of the Jungle Visions -series wonders mostly in the realms of old school dnb. Most of these tracks are released before 1998, although there are a couple of newer tracks as well. I really can’t tell how much I enjoy mixing my track “Three Decks” to Genotype’s “Capacity”… If you’re too busy to hear the whole mixtape just rewind to around 16:30+ and enjoy the double drop! It’s BAAAD.
Mineral Presents – Jungle Visions pt7
01. J Majik – Subway [Infrared]
02. Randall, Andy C – Sound Control (rmx) [Ram]
03. The Underwolves – The Crossing Part 2 [Creative Wax]
04. Future Forces Inc. – Flash Gordon [Renegade Hardware]
05. Lemon D – Change (DJ Krust Remix) [V Recordings]
06. Future Forces Inc., Kane – Morpheus [Renegade Hardware]
07. Mineral – Three Decks [Dub]
08. Genotype – Capacity [Renegade Hardware]
09. Mineral – Spider [In Da Jungle]
10. Ed Rush & Optical – Splinter [Virus]
11. Genotype – Square Waves [Renegade Hardware]
12. Dillinja – Unexplored Terrain [V Recordings]
13. A Sides – Assasin [Eastside]
14. Future Forces Inc. – Cold Fusion [Renegade Hardware]
15. Klute – We R The Ones (Ulterior Motive Remix) [Commercial Suicide]
16. Loxy & Resound – Thin Ice [Exit]
17. Genotype – Toxic [Renegade Hardware]
18. Future Forces Inc. – Symetrix [Renegade Hardware]
19. Mineral vs Taajuus – Four Years Later (VIP) [Dub]
20. Ed Rush, Optical – Mystery Machine [Virus]
21. Fanu – Nuku [Lightless]
22. Mineral – Living The Dream (Esc & Subsense remix) [Dub]
(available at Jungle Visions Mixcloud too)
The guys at the ScienceHki crew are going strong. This time they present a guest podcast #34 by Luna Chill, who runs a weekly Subzup! & Ivah Sound at Helsinki. The mix is really good and wanders through the easylistening melodic drum’n'bass. Listening to this is a really nice way to spend your summer days… Great work, check below.
Science Hki #34 – Luna Chill
01. db1 : vanguard – hidden hawaii
02. sam kdc & mr smith : walk the path – channel 82
03. hoax : kinson – break-fast audio
04. june miller : tundra – horizons
05. loopguard : kubisch (er.ic remix) – dubkraft
06. ben kama : rinpoche – midnight sun
07. nuage : kind of lost (d. ridgway remix) – absys free dl
08. blue motion : spring – big riddim
09. y2d : salome’s dance – lifestyle
10. commix : untitled (sep 06) – metalheadz
11. k dan – heal us all (naibu remix) – hustle audio
12. shroombab : plane funk (m-force remix) – high tension
13. joakuim : rouge – break 9
14. nclear : arabian vibe – sound trax
15. fanu : i can’t sleep – lightless
16. amc : pathology – the factory
17. linden : letting go – horizons
18. rockwell : the rain – shogun audio
19. blocks & escher : shiver – narratives
20. against & physical illusion : day in the future – intelligent
21. loxy & resound : vindication – exit
22. mode : the abyss (sam kdc’s acid dub re-think) – the crescent
23. loxy & resound : leagues deep – absys
24. sam kdc : a prelude to winter (james’ song) – free dl
25. notion : hurtful solace – cx digital
26. getz : mist – interactive
27. koto & terry artovsky : deserted dreams – dubkraft
I just came back to NYC from a really exciting trip to Atlanta. Now as I’m browsing through the new mixtapes and all the latest dnb stuff, guess what I found? The two jungle badboys Fanu & Docius have finally joined forces to bring us a massive monthly Drum’n'bass radioshow at Bassoradio.
I really can’t tell how much I’ve enjoyed both these guys selections for years now, so this union is GOOD news. Fanuism meets Viidakkorumpu, yeah that’s what I’m talking ’bout… It doesn’t get any better than that. These junglists will be hosting this monthly show from now on, so these Fridays are something I’m really looking forward to. Boh!
Anyways, In this radioshow 15 June 2012 they also played one of my tunes, Naraka remix of the track Spider, big ups guys! Check the recording below and tune the basses to max, ‘cos this 1 is a killa!
OK, I’m off to the gym now listening this mix. GGrreeat!
D&B show with Fanu & Docius on Bassoradio – archive of Jun 15, 2012 (download)
01. Blu Mar Ten – Futureproof
02. Skitty – Steelers
03. Skunk Anansie – Secretly (Optical remix)
04. Seba + Paradox – Time Starts Now
05. Stranjah – 40 Days
06. Resound + Loxy – Civil War
07. Klute – Acid Rain
08. Asylum – Da Bass II Dark
09. Lion of Judah – Emperor Selassie I
10. DJ Trax – Space Is The Place
11. Future Forces & Dj Kane – Morpheus
12. Defo – Moral
13. Klute – Saviour
14. Mineral – Spider (Naraka remix)
15. Bulletproof – Funkthief
16. Bad Company – Sentient
17. Verb + Devastate – The Killzone
18. Trace + Nico – Amtrak
19. John Rolodex – Box Of Snakes
20. D Bridge – Mourning Dawn
21. Social Engineer – Her Sense
22. Scape – Earthling
23. Jonny L – PBX
24. Ed Rush + Fierce – Locust
25. Freestyles – Musically Dope (Ganja Kru remix)
26. Stranjah – Fukk You
27. Nemesis & Dj Kane – System (Optical & Fierce remix)
28. Aphrodite – Bomber
29. Cool Hand Flex – Ya Buzzin
30. Kemal + Sinthetix – Ultraviolet
31. Multi Flex – Time Lapse
32. Todd Terry – Blackout
33. Trace & Nico – Squadron
34. Seba – Special Ops
35. Polar – High Voltage
My newest drum’n'bass release (MSTK010) came out on Mastik label last Friday. The release includes two easy listening tracks with lots of atmosphere and breaks, Still Waiting & Everytime You Are Near. Both of the tracks have been mastered so these are exclusive versions with high quality sounds. Grab a cup of coffee and start listening below!
Release Notes from Mastik website:
This time your portion of soothing tunes and daydreaming mood comes up from Finland and artist called Mineral. The two tracks are produced in old good manner of home-listening drum-n-bass, though chill out rooms will gladly appreciate them also.
Rolling drum loops with perfect pace and break downs, supported by flawless textures flying around and soft sub and classic reese basses. Both tracks stand out from other pieces of the genre in their unique arrangement structure and theme development.
Mastik label goes on.
Check more at Mastik website.